Sunday, November 14, 2010

Inlaid Embossing

These cards use a technique called Inlaid Embossing.  It is so quick and easy to do but is a great look.  For this one I used the Baroque Motifs stamp set to stamp the swirly background and the Thanks stamp from the Afterthoughts set.  After stamping these I adhered several flowers and ran the card fronts through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  Done!

The second card I used basically the same colors but used Pumpkin Pie instead of Very Vanilla for the background color.  I cut the Pumpkin Pie piece to 5 1/4" X 4" before stamping and embossing and then adhered it to a Very Vanilla card.  I also reversed the side of the embossing folder so the squares are going up instead of in like the first card.  It does make a difference which way you place your paper in the folder, doesn't it?

I used this card for a swap and since it is fall, I used the fall colors.  I'm thinking that one with all red flowers but the Very Vanilla background and Old Olive swirls would make a great Christmas card.  

1 comment:

Mike and Wendy said...

I've never seen this technique. It's really neat. Beautiful card!