Saturday, August 29, 2009

Swaps

I was so busy the last couple of weeks before the Stampin' Up convention that I didn't have time to do any swap cards. I love swapping cards and seeing all the great ideas other demonstrators come up with. My upline's upline (I like to call her my grandma) gave me some of her swap cards to swap so I wouldn't miss out on all the fun. I thought that was so sweet. She had somewhere between 15 and 20 left so I got some nice cards in return for those. I also kept one of hers because they were so pretty. It is the one on the lower left, the Oriental looking one.

That is such a pretty stamp set and I love the card she made with it. One of the cards that had a great idea I liked was the one above it that uses the Medallion stamp. The color combination is ok but I'm not crazy about them so I decided to try it as a Christmas card. I like the way it turned out. I double matted the squares and double matted the mat for the strip of squares and eliminated the yellow strip but tied a gingham across the entire bottom of the card after embossing a sentiment in white embossing powder.

I guess that is one of the things I love about swaps. You can use them as a springboard to design a card that reflects your own style. I have a few more swap cards that I'll post Monday.

No comments: