Thursday, August 20, 2009

More Convention projects

I've been back home in Clarksville, TN for barely over a week now but it seems longer ago than that since I was on the plane from Salt Lake City to Nashville. It's funny how quickly you get back into your "real life" and the vacation fades into a distant memory. What hasn't faded is my enthusiam for all the great classes and projects from Convention. The first day we had a meeting that was kind of a cross between announcements, project demonstrations and a huge pep rally. There were over 3000 people there and we were all pretty excited to be there. Then there is the Prize Patrol that stays ready to run around handing out prizes. That makes it more fun and exciting.

After lunch we went to the make n take classes and did 8 projects. The projects were shrink wrapped with all pre-cut pieces of cardstock together with an instruction sheet with a picture of what it was supposed to look like. The other supplies we needed like ink, punches and markers were in a plastic box in the middle of the table. 8 of us sat at each table and passed the supplies around and tried to get as many projects finished as possible. Since we had the stamp sets in our convention bags we could finish them later if we didn't have time in the class. I finished a little more than half of everything, they wanted us to have so many projects to do that there just wasn't time to do them all. Here are pictures of all 8 projects. I was easily able to finish them later because of the great directions and pictures.

The first set of projects I did were all Christmas projects. It was fun to be doing Christmas cards in August. Maybe I should keep making Christmas cards so they will be finished in plenty of time to mail them, I'm such a procrastinator!
The other projects were made with the 2 non-Christmas stamp sets and the wheel we had in our convention bag. We made a gift card set that included the bag and topper to put them in. That is such a nice little gift set. You will notice that the card set and the scrapbook page use the stamp set "Things I love" I've been having fun playing with that set today. The last project was a sweet little box.
I can't even imagine what it takes to put together 8 projects for over 3000 people! It was amazing!
I love the creation process so the projects are always my favorite part of conventions. We also had some classes that were very interesting and I learned so much. What were the highlights of the convention other than the projects? Learning how to use the newest Stampin' Up product, My Digital Studio has to be in
everyone's top 3. I wasn't interested in the digital at all. When they announced it I was just bored. I wasn't going to get into digital pages, I love all the ribbons and brads and layers and fun of feeling the layout as I put it together. The more they showed us about My Digital Studio the more I wanted it.
I'll have to do a whole blog post on it, they have probably 50 stamp sets in the program as well as the punches and the SU colors! It is amazing what you can do with the program. I have a son getting married next month and the thought of putting together 15 or 20 pages on the computer and sending them out to be printed and bound so I instantly have 2 books (one for me and one for the bride to be who doesn't scrapbook) is a very nice thought. I can get it to them in less than 3 years!
Another highlight was the keynote speaker, Belinda Ellsworth. She has so much energy and, although she isn't a Stampin' Up demonstrator or employee, she completely investigated the company so she could talk about it and the products. She inspired me to do better in every aspect of my life. She was very entertaining and funny as she inspired. She is coming to Nashville next month and I think I'll sign up to go hear her again. She was that good!

No comments: