Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pre-Convention Shoe Box Swap Projects

I already showed you projects I did the day before the Convention at the Aloha class. Immediately after that class I had signed up for a shoe-box swap. I made a card before I left TN to fly to Utah for the convention. I cut all the paper to size and included the ribbon, punched flower and buttons needed for my card as well as the stamp sets and ink. I didn't have room in my suitcase for the plastic shoebox so I put it all in a quart sized baggie for the trip.

This swap was announced on a yahoo group I belong to, Late Night Stampers. It is ran by list mom Sherrill Graff. She has been a Stampin' Up demonstrator for 17 years, she joined when there were very few demonstrators! There is a link to the site on my sidebar (click on the owl) if anyone is interested in joining the group. They have a weekly challenge and people share how to do techniques and ideas all the time. There are chances to win great prizes for lots of things through the month. Sherrill is very generous with her Stampin' Up supplies and stamps!

The shoebox swap was set up for 5 people in each group so I cut enough for 5 cards. I didn't get the names of all the people in the group so I can't remember who designed each project but I had a lot of fun recreating each one. I think you will agree that they are all great projects.

I made the card that I posted on July 28th for my swap but I was low on the Rhinestone Brads so I used the flower that I showed how to make on my August 1st post for the center of the medallion stamp.

The top left project is a little hard to see in the picture but it is a beautiful card that has a flap opening. It is just beautiful. The top right one is a matchbox cut from the Big Shot die. The cover of the matchbox is made from the medium weight clear window sheet and looks very nice with the foil wrapped candy peeking though under the butterfly. The butterfly is also a Big Shot die and we made his body of wire with beads on it. Very pretty.

It is hard to tell from the picture that the lower left but it is a little gift bag. Yet again, cut from a Big Shot die. I'm thinking that I need that die! It has that pretty scalloped top that is unique. We used the Wide Oval Punch to punch the window in the bag and tied on the polka-dot ribbon. Quick and easy but a very nice wrapping for a small gift or a bag of goodies.

The 4th project was a cover for a large cookie. The design was stamped and matted several times, then the sentiment was stamped on vellum and added over the design with brads. The satin ribbon is the perfect closure for this treat.

I had fun making all the projects in both of these classes, 10 great projects in all. I was quite tired though and was glad the traffic wasn't too bad going to my sister-in-law's house where we stayed while we were in Salt Lake City. It was a hot day, I passed a temperature sign that said 97, no wonder I was so hot walking from the Marriot where the first class was held to the Shilo where the second one was held! The next day was also hot but later it became very windy and blew in some cold air so it wasn't as hot the rest of the week.

No comments: