Saturday, August 15, 2009

Convention Treasure


This is a picture of the stamp set and the beautiful necklace I won at the Stampin' Up convention. The necklace was made by the co-founder and president of Stampin' Up, Shellie Gardner. She even signed the back of her creation! I guess I should have taken a close up of the front too but it's late so I'll try add that later.
The locket is from the new jewlery line we will be featuring in our Holiday mini catalog that will start on Sept 1st. I was very pleased with the quality of the locket. The front glass is beveled so you can even put a couple of rhinestones on your design if you want to! I'm going to need one for my grandchildren's pictures too!

It was the second day of convention that I won the necklace and stamp set. On the first day, Wednesday, we picked up our convention bags (I need to take a picture of it to share too, it is very cute) which had lots of goodies including the 4 stamp sets and wheel that we would use in the make-n-take classes during convention. We can go get the bags the day before convention so we can put our stamp sets together before our classes. Of course, that task is much easier now that the stamps are die-cut so we just pop them out and peel and stick!

I had signed up for an Aloha themed event Wednesday that featured 6 stamping projects and dinner. I can't decide which project I liked best but I'm loving that cute pencil! The witch's hair is made with wide, stripped ribbon with the edges of the ribbon cut and frayed like the tassel on the owl's graduation cap I posted earlier this summer. The bright project beside it is a little purse with a flap that tucks behind the flower.
The birthday card in the next picture covers up part of the package of hot cocoa but you can see the little topper for the bag with that cute polar bear fishing.
After that I did a Shoebox swap so Wednesday was pretty busy. More pictures of the shoebox swap items later, then the convention projects and the swaps. Can you tell I loved convention???

No comments: