Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pinwheels!

Wow, I haven't done a blog post all year!  Blogger changed the way you add pictures you have saved on your computer and I couldn't figure out how to get my pictures added to my posts.  Someone who knows a whole lot more about computers pointed out that I could change it to HTML and add my pictures and then change it back to compose to go back to the post and finish it up.  Yay, I'm back in business! 

The Spring Mini Catalog started last week and it has some great new toys in it.  One of my favorites is the Borders Scoring Plate that goes with the Simply Scored tool.  I have done several of the borders and love how they have so many that are the full 12" so they can be used in scrapbooks.  I need to actually finish something so you can see how cool it is.  It will work great for so many card borders and embossing backgrounds too.  It was on my first order, it is just one of those "must have" toys! 

Another thing that was on my first order is the Honeycomb embossing folder.  I know I'm going to be using it a lot.  It will look great on plain cardstock but I'm having fun with the Co-ordinations cardstock and DSP where you can emboss and then sand and get a fabulous look.  I'll actually complete a project using it soon I'm sure.  I've just been playing with it and tried a couple of things but haven't actually made anything with it yet.
The Pinwheel Sizzlet die is another great addition to Stampin' Up's Big Shot supplies.  What a fun little die!  I decided I didn't want my pinwheels to be completely squashed flat so I put a dimensional  where the flap folds down so that they will keep them from getting flattened.  I kind of sorta almost CASE'd this card from a card where Julie Edmonds used a pinwheel stamp instead of the pinwheel die.  Then I embossed the border instead of punching it like the demonstrator did on the card I was copying.  You will have to look closely at the bottom of the card, it didn't photograph well.  I love that Border scoring plate!

I reckon you are going to be seeing a lot of the borders on my projects in the near future.

I've been working on some Valentine's projects also.  I'll post those soon now that I know how to put pictures on my blog again! 

1 comment:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Elaine I'm glad you're back posting. I love your pinwheel cards. Will have to try this cute technique. By the way I had the same problem with my blogger and it turned out that Internet Explorer was holding me back. I changed my browser to Google Chrome and all is well again in blog land. Just thought I'd pass that along. I found the whole switch from HTML to Compose mode overwhelming. You can also use Windows Live Writer to compose your blog posts and transfer them safely to your blog.