Thursday, January 31, 2013

Honeycomb and Bloomin' Marvelous Cards


I love the Honeycomb Embossing Folder that is in the new Spring Mini Catalog.  It is a great background, I brayered the folder with More Mustard ink before placing a 5 1/4" X 4" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock in it.  I love that effect!  A few More Mustard hexagons to fill some of the cells makes a great background for the sentiment and butterflies out of the Bloomin' Marvelous stamp set from the Sale-a-Bration catalog.  I forgot there was a bee stamp in the Nature Walk set, I reckon I'll have to make another honeycomb card to put some of those bees on!
 
Here is another card featuring the Bloomin' Marvelous set.  I used the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder on this one.  It was in the Winter Mini Catalog but is still available, isn't it a beautiful design?  It has quickly become one of my favorites.  I put the Whisper White cardstock in the embossing folder sideways so it didn't go all the way down to the bottom of the card, leaving room to stamp the sentiment.  I punched the bottom of the cardstock with the Scalloped Border Punch and added a couple of silver brads and Primrose Petals ribbon.  I adhered the butterfly with a Stampin' Dimensional and added a few Basic Rhinestones for his body.  Did you know there is a little butterfly punch that coordinates with this stamp?  Much easier than cutting it out with scissors! 
 
Call me to place your order to get FREE Sale-a-Bration products or to book a workshop to earn even more FREE products.   There are a lot more great things besides stamp sets to choose from this year!

No comments: