Saturday, February 2, 2013

Stampin' Up Retreat

There was a Stampin' Up retreat today in Huntsville, AL.  It was great but started out kind of bad.  I didn't even know they were expecting a bad snow storm between Nashville and the AL border!  It was such a surprise to be driving down the freeway on a beautiful sunny day and all of sudden we were driving in blowing snow.  Within 10 minutes I couldn't even see the road.  In 20 minutes time there was over 1/2" of snow on the ground!  We saw many accidents and slipped a little now and then but made it to the retreat without having an accident ourselves.  Then it go up to 50 degrees and ALL the snow was melted by the time we started home.  Crazy day!
 
The retreat was great, we made 5 cards and 4 other projects.  I'll find some time Monday to take pictures with better lighting and post them later.  I also got about 42 swap cards so I need to get pictures of those too. 

This is one of the cards we made.  The stamp set is a new one from the new Spring Mini catalog called Oh Hello.  And I really love that paper!  It is called Tea for Two.  We used it on a lot of the projects we did today and I was so glad that I put it on my last order.  It will be here by the end of the week so I can pull it out and make more projects with it.

Since I got up at 4:30 this morning I reckon I better hit the hay!  It was a long day but totally worth it!

No comments: