Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Stamping on Clay

I'm sure a lot of you have used your Stampin' Up stamps on clay already.  If you haven't then you should try it!  I had a class yesterday morning where we made necklaces with terra-cotta pennants.  Here is the one I made.  I thought my Valentine's roses made a nice back drop.  I used a stamp from the Just Believe stamp set.
 Here are some discs one of the ladies made for a bracelet.  She used one of my kitchen strainers to texture the background before stamping a flower on each one.  I bet it will be beautiful when she gets it finished.  She had to wait for the clay to dry before making the bracelet.
 One of the ladies had her 2 preschoolers with her.  They had fun too.  The 4 year old wanted a stamp with a spider so I went and found the Googly Ghools stamp set and he had fun with that.  He made a mummy and Frankenstein too!

Here are a couple of other unfinished ones.  They are stamped with a retired stamp set called Priceless, emember that set? 
We made the beads from the air dry clay because we wanted to use them with doTERRA Essential Oils.  Pictured is Breathe, which will help with not only relaxation but also helps with allergies and sinuses.  I put a blend called On Guard on mine.  That is for natural immune defense.  There is a nasty virus going around and I don't want to get it!  24 hours later the scent is still strong, I love it's smell. 

What a fun class, I love combining several of my loves into one class.  LMK if you want stamps or Essential Oils, I can help!

1 comment:

Janiemae said...

Love your clay pendants. I have made serval myself to use with Doterra oils. Thanks for the post and more ideas. I would like to post this on my blog. Thanks