Friday, September 21, 2012

Stampin' Up Regional

I'm in Chattanooga for a Stampin' Up Regional Meeting.  We had a great time tonight, we walked to a good restaurant that I can't remember the name of, it was 1.8 miles from the hotel so it was a nice walk, a bit warm going but it had cooled down nicely by the time we headed back to the hotel. 

I had signed up for a class where we made 5 cards and some gift tags using the super cute No Peeking stamp set.  The stamp set came with the class so I'm glad I have it to use in upcoming Christmas card classes!  I''ll post pictures of those projects later.  After the class we had a shoebox swap and I ended up with 19 cards.  We made part of the cards but had kits for 10 so we went around and made 10 cards and just grabbed one of the ready made cards for the ones we didn't have time to make. 

I'm so tired!  I should be in bed already but I wanted to post something before the clock strikes 12 so it wouldn't be a full 2 weeks since I last posted.  I've been so busy the last couple of weeks I didn't realize it had been that long.  I was up until 1:30 last night making applesauce because those apples just wouldn't wait until I get home.  Fresh applesauce with no sugar and no preservatives taste so good!  My yellow apple tree is to the end, just a few more apples left on it but the red apple tree still  has over 100 apples on it so I guess I'll have to buy some yellow apples from somewhere so I can make more applesauce.  It tastes so much better when you have a mixture of different kinds of apples.
I though I would share a cell phone picture of my 2 swaps.  This one is the one I did for the shoebox swap tonight.  I love the little frog from the Moving Forward set.  He is just adorable! 

This is the card for the swap tomorrow at the actual regional meeting.  I made 50 of these.  Actually, this is what they were supposed to look like but when I was cutting them out I cut out 50 cards and layers and sayings and when it came to the flowers I cut out 50 also.  I didn't realize that since I wanted to put 3 on each card I should have punched out 150 until I was half way to Chattanooga!  So they ended up with 1 flower per card.  Not nearly as nice as I wanted them to be but the only other option would have been to have 16 cards instead of 50 and I wanted to swap more than that. 

I reckon I need to hit the hay, I'll have a hard time staying awake for all of the meeting tomorrow if I don't.  But I did manage to get a post up before midnight  :~)

No comments: