Thursday, September 27, 2012

October Classes

I have missed teaching classes the past couple of months.  I took a little break while I painted my stamp studio and then decided to put laminate flooring down instead of leaving the carpet in there.  The day I was going to start ripping out the old carpet was the day I was in the car accident and hurt my thumb.  Not a serious injury at all but bad enough that I couldn't do heavy work like that.  After 2 weeks of thinking about it I decided to hire someone to do it for me.  I'm sure it looks much better than it would have if I had done it myself.  Now I need to paint the trim too because it clashes with the floor but that shouldn't take very long.

I still haven't put the drawers back in the desk.  I will have to move it  to paint the trim so I'm waiting until then to put them back in.  It is a huge, sturdy and very heavy desk that my Dad used to use.  It needed new legs, I thought they wouldn't show so I didn't bother to buy stain for them.  I might eventually have to get around to that since they are definitely noticeable!

I also have the fun of picking out fabric for new curtains.  I've been looking, I know I will find the perfect fabric soon.  I want something fun and bright that will let in lots of light.  They will set the mood for stampin' fun and creativity.  Of course, I'll take pictures when I get them made.
I have classes planned for October!  I will do a Christmas Card Stamp a Stack, 12 cards, 3 each of 4 designs.  October isn't too early to get started on your Christmas cards, especially if you are going to make them yourself.  If you bought cards of similar quality in the stores they would cost $3 or $4 each.  In the class you will make 12 cards for $20, that is less than $2 each!  I do the planning, cutting and preparing for you.  You just come and enjoy the stamping and putting the cards together.  Here are the 4 cards we will be making in the October class.  It will be held on Oct 2 either at 10 AM or 6:30 PM.  I hope you can join us!  Email me with the time you prefer to attend. 
wrightplace4 @ mindspring dot com.
 
I will be having a Halloween Card Class on October 15 at 10 AM and a Halloween Treats Class on October 23 at 10 AM and 6:30 PM so keep your eyes open for more details and pictures of the class projects.  I can't wait to start creating in my studio again instead of at my kitchen table.  I reckon my husband is even more anxious than I am for that to happen!

No comments: