Friday, December 9, 2011

December Card Club

Hi, I hope you are keeping warm.  It's cold here tonight so I'm trying to stay inside and close to a heat source!  Yesterday was our December Card Club.  We did an extra project this time as part of my Christmas present for my ladies. 

I'll start with our bonus project, a little snowman treat bag made on the Fancy Favors Box die.  I borrowed the snowman idea from Lisa Young's blog, isn't he cute?  We used buttons for his earmuffs and the wide striped ribbon for his scarf.  I wasn't completely happy with his mouth but it was one of the last things I did on it so I'd have to practically redo the whole thing to redo the mouth.  I still love him!
How do you like my outdoors in my bush with red berries pictures?  They turned out pretty good but it wasn't easy to get the bush, shadows or gravity to cooperate!  Before I even went outside to take the pictures I dropped my camera on the kitchen floor.  Yikes!  It broke the latch on the battery compartment so I had to tape it closed with electrical tape.  Obviously, it still works but I have yet another redneck repair in my repertoire!

Another CASE, this one from Debra Courrier.  I loved the simplicity of the 3 strips of Silver Glimmer Paper.  I'm thinking I would add some embossing to the background Cherry Cobbler cardstock if I make more of them though.  We stamped the image in black and colored the heart on the house with a Cherry Cobbler marker to carry over the red from the background.  A snowflake cut with the Northern Flurry die strip secured with a colored Rhinestone brad finishes off the card. 
It's late and I reckon I better head to bed.  I'll post the other 2 projects tomorrow if I get time to.   You know how December is, you remember something you said you would do when there is barely enough time to get it done and end up rushing around all day! 

No comments: