Monday, August 22, 2011

It's a Wrap - or is it?

There are 2 very cool new stamp sets that are designed to wrap around mini candy bars that I really like.  One is called It's A Wrap and is in the big Stampin' Up Catalog.  The other is called It's A Wrap Holidays.  I bet you already figured out that the Holiday one has wrappers that say things like Eek! and Give Thanks.  They go all the way to Happy Easter.  Since I don't have any mini candy bars I haven't done much with this set yet but I'm sure it will get lots of ink between now and Easter!

I try not to keep candy around because I know I'll end up eating it.  I guess I need to buy a bag, make some fun projects with them and give them all away before temptation strikes. 

This led me to be looking at the It's A Wrap set and try to think of something I could do with it that didn't involve chocolate.  The Get Well Soon one looks like a band-aid so I decided to use it as a  band-aid instead.  I used a Pacific Point/Soft Suede color combination I got from the Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper.  The "band-aids" looked best stamped in Crumb Cake ink. 

I love the new Stripes Embossing folder.  It makes a great background for cards and I'm sure I'll find lots of other things that it will be great for.  I just used a strip of Soft Suede cardstock across the bottom of the card and tied the 1/8" Taffeta ribbon around it.

That was my colors for the Stampin' Sisters meeting swap.  Earlier in August, I did a swap where we were supposed to use some of the new In Color colors.  I chose Calypso Coral and Pool Party for this one along with a little Chocolate Chip cardstock and Scallop Dots Ribbon which I pleated across the bottom.  I added 3 of our Basic Pearls to finish off the In Color get well card.  So, which color scheme do you like the best?  Blue is very popular but the coral one is bright and cheery.

Be on the lookout for more It's A Wrap projects.  There is a baby one, as well as birthday, thanks and wedding to name most of them.  They will be great to give as gifts or to use to decorate for these occasions.  Fun stuff!

No comments: