Friday, August 26, 2011

I Got A New Diamond!

OK, it's just a chip but it's still a diamond!  Every 5 years Stampin' Up gives it's demonstrators a pin to recognize their time with the company.  I joined 5 years ago so I got my pin this week.  It is very hard to photograph a gold pin so this is the best picture I could manage.  I reckon I'll hang around for the 10 year pin with 2 diamonds!

I had some time to play with a new stamp set I got about 2 weeks ago called Faith in Nature.  This is a hostess set in the new Idea Book and Catalog that I wanted from the second I saw it.  Isn't it a nice set?  I used some of the Spice Cake DSP that will be available next week in the new Holiday Mini Catalog.  This is great paper! 

The first card uses the pear image and the Thank You sentiment included in the set.  Using natural colors like Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke and Soft Suede compliments the stripe pattern paper.  Just a little Hemp Twine gives it the perfect finishing touch.

The next 2 cards continue the natural colors with the Spice Cake DSP.  I stamped the images and "framed" them with the new Designer Frames embossing folders.  Both these frames come in a package for just a dollar more than the larger single embossing folders.  I'm loving these frames!  I cut the rectangular one with my trimmer, stamped the flower and ran it through the Big Shot.  Smaller images you could stamp after you emboss but it is easy to make sure you have it centered since the folders are clear. 

I used just a strip of the Spice Cake behind the image which is raised up on Stampin' Dimensionals. 

On the last card I used the other Designer Frame folder, the oval one.  Instead of using the trimmer, I tore the paper outside of the dotted design and inked it up.  This one is also raised on Stampin Dimensionals.  I also love the new Lace Ribbon Border punch.  It is great for cards as well as scrapbook pages.

 Sadly, this Designer Series Paper isn't available until Sept 1st so it isn't included in the buy 3 get one free paper sale that goes until Aug 31.  But there are lots of beautiful paper that are included in the sale from the regular catalog as well as the Nautical Expedition and Beyond the Garden paper packs from the current Summer Mini Catalog!  Stock up now for future projects!  I know I'm ordering some extra while it is on special, only 5 more days!  Check it out here.



No comments: