Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Won!!!!

I entered a contest on Seaside Crafts and won 2nd place, a $30 gift certificate for Stampin' Up products!  Yay, I need more things from the upcoming Holiday Mini Catalog!  I've placed my pre-order but wanted a lot more things than I bought.  I've got until Jan 4 so I can spread it out a little.  This little mini catalog is loaded with great and wonderful stuff, ask and I'll send you a copy too.

OK, so you want to see my winning project?  It is a bookmark with a bottle cap center that I ordered from Seaside Crafts.  Actually, I got the big paperclip from them too.  These will be in an upcoming class so keep your eyes open  :~)

I used Perfect Plum, Pumpkin Pie and Pacific Point cardstock to cut flowers from the Fun Flowers die and them embossed them with embossing folders.  I also ran the bottle cap through the Big Shot to flatten it down some and that helps with sharp edges.  I used a scrap of So Saffron and stamped one of the Circle Circus stamps on it and punched it out for the middle of the flower.  You can't tell in the picture but there is an epoxy covering on it so it is nice and shiny in real life.  These make a fun gift for book marks or to hold papers together.

 I also entered this card in the contest but it didn't win anything.  I used the new Stripes embossing folder, I really like that one!  I had bought the metal (that matches our Melon Mambo) from Seaside Crafts also.  I like using metal, it makes a handmade card even more special.  The hearts were punched first and then embossed.  I used Stampin' Dimensionals to attach them to the card front.

In case you want to see the first place winner, check out Linda Keel's great project here:
http://olivestamps.blogspot.com/2011/08/collaged-butterfly-gift-card-holder.html
This is a great project and got my vote!  (it wouldn't be right to vote for myself would it?)

Gail Etchie came in 3rd with a cute and colorful Halloween Card that also used a bottle cap.

No comments: