Saturday, April 17, 2010

Stampin' Up Spring Retreat

Every year my upline and her upline host 2 retreats, one in the Spring in the Nashville area and one in the Fall in the Huntsville, Alabama area. These are always great but they totally outdid themselves this time! I felt like I had gotten my money's worth before I even ate lunch! I'll post a couple of the projects over the next week but some of them are going to be May classes so you won't see them for a couple of weeks. I also did a stenciling demonstration at the retreat so I'll be posting a tutorial for that once I get all the pictures loaded and descriptions written.
For today though, the swaps! There were 41 people who participated so I got lots of great cards and a few other goodies too.
The first 2 cards use the Vintage Vogue set. I posted a card I made with this set using Kraft and Chocolate Chip paper and inks and a reader posted that she liked the stamps but wanted brighter colors. Well, these are both in more muted shades but I'll be posting some more Spring colors using this set soon. The first card was made by Janice Jones, isn't it beautiful? I like the brown and blue color scheme of her card. I sat at the same table with her all day at the retreat and she is a wonderful person too.
the second card is by Kathy Brown and uses brown and blue as well as More Mustard. It features the Faux Tile technique which she did an amazing job on, isn't it beautiful? Of course, it looks better in real life.
The creator of the 3rd card did't put her information on the back but I love her card and the stamp sets used for it. It is a neutral card but the big of Old Olive makes it very nice.
Ruth Hatch made this beautiful card, again with browns and blue. I think it is beautiful, I love her coloring of the eggs in the bird's nest. How do you like my azalia bushes in the background?
The Perfect Polkadots Embossing Folder adds a nice dimension to this card as well as the next one.
Annette Takko used the Upsy Daisy and Wel Scripted sets to make this cheerful card for Mother's Day. No browns on this one for a chane! I like the blue and green combinationand the way she stamped the same stamp in 2 different colors for a great effect on her card.
Yet again, a great day and a wonderful reason that I love being a Stampin' Up demonstrator! More swaps later, have a great week.

3 comments:

Christie said...

That's a whole lotta talent in one room.. :-)

Angela said...

Beautiful cards and sounds like you have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Great projects--wixh I couild have been there!

I'd love to hear more about the Faux Tile Tech.
If you care to share you can reach me at:'
n burkcard at verizon dot net

Thanks! Nola