Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Owl punchart


My son-in-law is graduating from Optometry School this month. It's been a very long haul for him and we are all so excited (especially my daughter!). I remembered the punch art owl I made for a Halloween layout a couple of years ago so I thought I would recreate him for the card.
I used the scalloped circle punch for the feet and wings and double punched the wings with the 1 3/8" circle punch. That is how the inside of the wings is round. His body is the 1 3/4" circle punch and his head is the round tab punch.

To make his hat I cut a strip of black cardstock 2 3/4 inches wide and punched the edge with the heart punch to make it the 2 arches. The top is a 1" strip cut in diagonal pieces with a brad added to the middle.

I used a stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes for the sentiment. That set has a stamp for nearly every occassion! I think it is my most used stamp set, it was worth every cent! I added the owl and sentiment to a card of Chocolate Chip cardstock layered with Bella Bleu Designer paper.

No comments: