Monday, October 12, 2009

More Swaps and new Deals of the Week

I'm pretty excited about the Deals of the Week this week, there are 3 dies on sale!! All 3 are ones I don't have so I will need to get some. The prices are great too, nearly half price! These dies will be on sale from Oct 12 until the 18th.
115961 Perfect Setting Bigz XL die $25.99
114515 Flower Burst Embosslits die $5.99
116760 Pop-Up Three Tier Cake Bigz XL die $25.49
Let me know if you want to take advantage of this offer and I'll get your order placed. Or, you can place an online order and your dies will be at your door before you know it! If I had any of these dies I would post a picture of the projects I've made with them but since I don't have any of them I just have to post the pictures from the catalog and it is hard to tell how wonderful they are without seeing projects with them.
Next are some of the swaps I recieved at the Fall Retreat in Huntsville last week. Isn't this first one beautiful! Fran Kennedy made it using regular foil. She rad the foil through the big shot with the Finial Press Texturz Plate and the Hi Embosslit. Then she cut the Flower Blossom die from black cardstock and mounted strips cut from the embossed foil onto Basic Black cardstock. I was pleased that you can actually see the shine in the photo, sometimes that doesn't show up.
As much as I love the card with the embossed foil, I'm just crazy about the color combination on the second card. Kelley Bialoskurski used the great combination of Tempting Turquoise, Cameo Cra; and Certainly Celery to make her card. I also love the One of a Kind stamp set that she used to stamp the flowers. It is a very striking card, I just love it!
Next, Linda Hanson used the always beautiful Thoughts and Prayers stamp set along with the sentiment stamp from the Kind and Caring Thoughts set (a level 3 hostess set) to create a simply beautiful card. The color scheme of Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Basic Gray make this a great card to send to someone you have been thinking about.

The last card in this group is another Thinking of You card using the Kind and Caring Thoughts stamp set for both the sentiment and the flower. It is an easy to make card that is great looking. The yellow, pink and brown is another nice color combination. I love having punches that nest together so nicely and make it so quick and easy to make cards.
Don't forget to register for the blog candy on Saturday's post and also, don't forget my October special on pink items for breast cancer awareness month. I've seen a lot of people who are going to donate 10% from the pink items sold this month but my sweet mother-in-law was a breast cancer survivor for many years so I want to donate more. I'm going to donate 30% of anything pink that is ordered from me in October to the Susan B. Kommen Foundation.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Wow--you really make me wish I had oodles of money to spend... :)