Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's a boy!

My daughter finally had her baby tonight. She actually went into labor around 3AM but he was born at 5 till 9PM. What a long day for her! I got to see him when he was an hour old and I can already tell he is going to be a good baby. Of course, grandmas tend to think that about most of their grandchildren. He was so sweet, just laying there looking around and sticking his tongue out.

His face was very red, my son-in-law said it was more red when he was first born. The amazing thing is his hands, they are huge! I thought this picture looks like a 2 year old is holding him and his their arms wrapped around him and you are looking at the 2 year-old's hands and the baby's head.

This is going to be a quick post. It is now after midnight and I should be in bed. They woke me up before 6 this morning, planning to head on to the hospital but decided to wait a while and didn't leave till nearly 9. They got sent back home and went back to the hospital around 6. I'm not nearly as tired as Wendy but I'm very tired. I'll post some cards tomorrow, or actually, later today - like when it's light outside.

Also, this is my 95th or maybe 96th blog post. I can't believe I actually have posted that many in 9 months! I think the 100th post should have some blog candy to go along with it, don't you??




4 comments:

Diana said...

Congrats Grama, I know you are proud. Glad everything went ok.

Diana

Lauren said...

Congratulations! He's a cutie!

Rachel said...

Congratulations, he look's beautiful. I'm glad all went well.
Rach:)

Claudean said...

Congrats grandma, he is so sweet and adorable.