Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm probably having fun!

Happy Friday! I'm in the Gatlinburg, TN area at Croptoberfest. This is my 10th year to go, goodness, it doesn't seem like that long! My friend Diana and I go every fall and it is a great get-away and a fun crop too. One year I got 2 pages done in the 4 days of the crop. Another year I did 32 pages. I'm thinking I will spend a lot of time doing pages with MDS this year. That will mean a lot less to pack and haul 250 miles.

The crop is in the mountains at a youth camp. It is beautiful and I'm thinking that the leaves will be in full color if the leaves around here are any indication. My daughter and I went to a pumpkin patch about 2 miles away Monday and she took some great pictures. Of course, my favorites are the ones with the grandkids in them but I really like this one. I like how it is still pretty green but the fall colors are starting to show and the pumpkins are laying thick in the patch.

Since I'm at Croptoberfest and we will be eating turkey in just over a month I thought I'd include the 2 Thanksgiving cards I got at the Stampin' Up Fall Retreat. These are the last of the swap cards from the retreat. I think I got 28 cards in all.
Do you recognize the punch that the acorn is made from? Yes, it's the Christmas Ornament punch! What a great idea for an acorn. I've seen so many ideas with that punch, I'd say it is a must have for your punch collection. Mary Ranger made this card and stamped the tree from The Season of Friendship set. The other fall
card didn't have a name on it but is beautiful as well. She used the Harvest Home stamp set and Fall Harvest wheel to make the card and tied it all up with raffia. I love the fall colors. If it wasn't for the cold winter that follows, I'd love fall best of all.

1 comment:

The Wheelers said...

pretty picture.
so what do you think of MDS? i'm trying to decide about it. have fun at your croptoberfest!