Saturday, October 17, 2009

More Christmas Cards


As promised, here are 5 more Christmas cards I got from the swap at the Stampin' Up retreat I went to a couple of weeks ago. The first one is just beautiful! The artist didn't put her name on the back so I don't know who to give credit to but it is such a beautiful card I want to make more like it. I need to order the wedding paper though. See the blue patterned paper at the top of thte card? That is the Bride Speciality Paper shown on page 158 of the Stampin' Up 2009-2010 catalog. I know it just looks white in the catalog but if you brayer color over it, the embossed shiny part resists the ink and it comes out looking like the card. How cool is that??? She also added some platinum shimmer paint to the Delightful Decorations stamp to make it a great match to the embossed part of the Bride paper. The small rhinestone brad in the ornament is the perfect finishing touch along with the white organza ribbon.
The next card was made by Lauren Bialoskurski. She used the Patterned Pines stamp set, aren't those trees cool? The snowflakes in the background are also from the same set. They were stamped with the Platinum Shimmer Paint. It just looks white in the picture but in real life it is a beautiful silver.
Next up, another card made with the Patterned Pines stamp set (it's a hostess set so if you love it, you can get it for free). This card was made by Sharla Foy. She started with the Textured Impressions Folder from the Holiday Mini Catalog called Petals-A-Plenty. She made the white background with this folder and mounted it on an Old Olive card. The trees are stamped on Whisper White Cardstock in Old Olive ink and the edges are inked. This is adhered over the embossed paper and a ribbon is tied around it. Notice that the ribbon tied aroud the top is 1/4" wide but the knot is 5/8" wide ribbon. This is an interesting little touch that I like.
This card was made by Joann Wiemers from Alabama. She also used the Petals-A-Plenty textured impressions folder but she added an interesting touch to it. Notice that the middle isn't embossed? She used a wooden oval frame over the folder so that the middle wasn't embossed. I bought a wooden oval frame but realized when I got home with it that all of my embossing folders are only partially covered with flowers. I need to order the Petals-A-Plenty folder when I order that Bride paper! I'll show you how it is done when I can.
Joann used the trees from the Scenic Season set in the un-embossed area of her card, isn't that a beautiful set? She colored in the bird red with a Real Red marker, I just love how he pops out of the card like a beautiful cardinal stands out against a snowy day. She also added Dazzeling Diamonds to the trees which doesn't show in the picture. It is one of the most beautiful Christmas cards I've ever seen!

The last card for today is made by Annette Takko. It is another beautiful card and is stamped with the Gifts of Christmas stamp set and some Dazzling Diamonds added to the centers of the flowers. The Whisper White and Night of Navy color combination is a classic and is beautiful for Christmas cards.
Are you going to make your own Christmas cards this year? I have been making my Christmas cards for many years. I have to say, the ones I made last year were a lot better than the ones I made the first couple of years!
I'm going to draw a name Monday for the blog candy, look back a few posts and register if you haven't already registered for it. Good luck!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Love the cardinal and the way it pops! Thanks for inspiring us!