Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Last Day!

Did you notice that it is Wednesday?  Wow, that week passed fast!  I guess taking a little trip to my son's house for Thanksgiving helped it go faster.  Plus, I have been busy getting a Christmas tree up downtown at the Smith-Trahern Mansion for their Christmas Tree lane.
We had such a nice visit in Memphis with my son and his wife.  This was her first year of cooking a Thanksgiving dinner so she was nervous but she did great.  She bought a pre-cooked turkey even though I told her it was real easy to cook a turkey.  She didn't want to touch the "innards".  Right before we were ready to eat she put the corn in the microwave to heat up and completely forgot it!  I put it in the fridge about 9 that evening.  She also forgot the sweet potatoes until someone asked about them so she got them out of the oven but didn't think about the corn.  It was canned corn which I'm not crazy about since I grow my own corn and it is so much better so I didn't care about not having corn.  The late sweet potatoes tasted mighty good though.  The rolls were heated up by my son.  He forgot and left them in the oven too long.  I made the deviled eggs.  The plate was full when I sat them on the table, someone couldn't wait to eat them!
The theme this year for the trees at the mansion was Shakespeare.  WHAT????  I decided that the pleated rosettes would resemble those collars he has on in the pictures so I went with that.  I found the little crystal (ok, they are actually plastic) nativity ornaments and knew they would be perfect in the front of the rosettes.  I punched glitter stars to cover the center.  I didn't include the top of the tree in the picture, which was taken from my cell phone, because I haven't gotten/made anything yet.  I want an angel or star in silver or white.  I'll take a better picture with a real camera when it is finished.
Want to rack up the last of the bargains for the Online Extravaganza?  Go to my website and shop before 11:50 tonight!  I have a couple of other things I need to get so if you live locally you can get your order to me and I'll include it when I order.  That would need to be before 10 tonight, I plan to be in bed before 11:50!

There are 3 special items that are 20% off today only.  I've been collecting the blocks but haven't gotten the case for them yet.  I will definitely have that on my order today!  It is regularly $16.95 but will be $13.56 today.  You can also get a discount on the whole block set (reg $66.95, sale price $53.56) or the Stack and Store Caddy which is regularly $34.95 but is on sale for $27.96 today.  There are still lots of 20 - 50% off items on the list, 6 punches, a couple of dies, paper and lots of stamps.  There are some embellishments on the list too.  I reckon this is a great time to shop for yourself or your crafty friends!

No comments: