Thursday, November 1, 2012

Rudolph Needs A Red Nose!

Have you ever been stamping with a stamp that you wanted just a little bit colored a different color?   I wanted to stamp this adorable reindeer from the new No Peeking set in Soft Suede but he needed a red nose.  We used the penguin in my Christmas card class last month and his nose obviously needed to be orange.  Here is the best way to get that accomplished without much trouble at all. 
 
Ink up the whole stamp in the desired color ink.
Clean off his nose (or the desired area) with a blender pen.  You could also use an Aqua Painter but I think it might be a little more wet than would be best.
Take a marker, using the brush tip and color the area you want to be different. 
Quick and easy!  This is for some test tubes of reindeer food that I am making for a craft fair I'm doing Saturday.  I thought I would post a super quick tutorial since I have been working like crazy trying to get things made for it.  I'll take pictures of my booth and post it when I get home Saturday night.  I'm looking forward to it but stressing because there is so much I want to make and so little time left!

I reckon I need to get back to creating!
 

No comments: