Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Tree

In case you have been wondering why I haven't posted in a while, it certainly isn't because I haven't created anything the past week or so!  Every year I help with my church's Christmas tree they sponsor at the Smith-Trahern mansion's Trees of Christmas display.  The kick off for the trees was Sunday.  We also do a Festival of the Nativity at church the first weekend in December so this was an extra busy weekend.  Here is the main ornament for the tree, I was so glad I had the Simply Scored tool to make these rosettes extra easy to make!  I  bought the little "crystal" nativities and hung them over the rosettes.  A silver Shimmer Paper star and some glittery netting finished off the ornaments nicely. 

The finished tree turned out beautiful!  I was very pleased with it and enjoyed every one's compliments of it.  If you live in the Clarksville area you can see the trees Mon-Thurs next week.  There are a lot of beautiful trees in the Trees of Christmas display.
Here are a couple of pictures form the Festival of the Nativity too.  It is always a wonderful weekend of live musical performances and hundreds of nativity sets to enjoy. It is such a great way to kick off the Christmas season!  First, the way the room looked overall.  We had nearly 300 nativities set up and I couldn't even begin to imagine the number of Christmas lights there were!  It was beautifully presented and very peaceful.  I completely forgot I was in the gym.

This is a picture of the live nativity.  One of my brothers built the stable and another one of my brothers was the Joseph at the time this picture was taken.  They traded out the shepherds, wise men and Mary and Joseph every hour and a half or so.  It was great to see them  every time I walked into the gym. 
 
One of my favorite things this year was the display of these photographs.  Helen Robson is a very talented lady, she sews the costumes and gets people together and sets the scenes and takes photographs.  They are amazing!  I especially love the picture with the baby yawning, precious!  Here is her website if you want to see more of her work, http://www.capturedmiracles.org/shoppingcart/ 

This was one of my favorite nativities, I guess it is the portion of the city wall in the background that I really like.  It is so realistic and rustic.

I love this Eskimo set.  We lived in Alaska for a couple of years and I loved it there so this one reminds me of those fun years.

No comments: