Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mother's Day Card


This is one of the cards we made in card club today.  I kind of pulled out all the stops, I mean, our Mothers do so much they deserve extra trouble.  It actually wasn't very hard but I love how it turned out.  First we embossed the Packed For Mom stamp on Blushing Bride cardstock with white embossing powder.  After it was embossed we tore it diagonally and adhered the White Waffle Paper behind it.  I put a piece of Whisper White cardstock behind because the Pacific Point cardstock showed through the waffle paper too much. 

The top of the card is decorated with a 1 1/2" strip of Whisper White cardstock that was punched along the bottom with the Eyelet Border Punch and stamped in Pacific Point with the Happy Mother's Day sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Verses stamp set.   It is finished off with a length of Blushing Bride Pleated Ribbon and then a 6" piece of White Organdy ribbon is gathered on a Hat Pin along with 3 hearts from the Heart to Heart Punch and a purse from the Packed For Mom set is cut out and colored with Stamp and Write Markers and tied on with 1/8" ribbon.  I think any mom would love such a special card!
Another one of the cards we made uses the Twitterpated DSP and the Not So Seriously stamp set.  I'm sad that this set is being discontinued, it has only been in the catalog one year.  If you love the set too you better order it while you still can! 

I originally had the flower punched in white with the shopping bag stamped directly on it.  I inked the edges of the flower because it didn't look right.  Still wasn't what I wanted.  Then I decided to punch it in black and stamp white and punch that out with a circle punch.  Much better!  Then that shopping bag told me it would look much better with some bling.   I reckon I had to agree. 

1 comment:

Jonia said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing at LNS!