Saturday, March 17, 2012

Temperatures at 80 degrees!

Although Spring doesn't technically come till next week, the forecast is for the temperature to be at or slightly above 80 degrees for the next week.  I have been thinking that I was looking forward to warmer temperatures but wasn't thinking it would come so soon.  I know there will be repercussions in my garden this Summer but I can't help enjoying this great weather!  I finally noticed that I still had snowflakes on my blog background - they had to go!  I went for something more Spring-like, and it has the popular banner look too.
Easter is early this year, just 3 more weeks.  It always seems to sneak up on me when it is so early in April.  I'm going to try to be more ready this year.  My Easter card I made today is all about girly spring colors and ruffles!  When I saw the White Waffle paper in the Occasions Mini catalog I was so excited because we can just  sponge on ink  to make it any color!  I wanted to make a soft pastel ruffly Easter card using the White Waffle paper.  I cut off a few pieces about 1 1/2 inch wide and sponged on ink from the Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose and Baja Breeze ink pads.  Then I ran the adhesive along the edges of the cardstock and gathered the Waffle paper into the adhesive.  I was pleased that it turned out so nicely, I love the ruffles! 
The DSP that I used is from the Twitterpated paper.  It is very pretty paper and I love the colors.  I used the Fancy Flower punch to punch out 4 layers for the flower, then I wrinkled them all up, sponged on Regal Rose ink and  used one of the Everyday Enchantment brads for the center.  I used an Antique Brad for the bow, I'm wondering if I should have used a brad from the Everyday Enchantment pack there too.

I hope to be able to come up with some more great ideas for the White Waffle Paper soon.  It is fun to play with.  If you need some I can take care of that "need" for you!  Check my online store.

No comments: