Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easter Card

I pinned a couple of Easter cards made by Alecia Connelly onto my Pinterest board a few weeks ago and finally got time to make one of them.  She used a wood grain background and Crumb Cake cardstock but I wanted my bunny to be jumping down a hole in the ground so I pulled out my wonderful Inspired By Nature stamp (that hasn't seen as much ink as it should have lately) and stamped a grassy card front.  I used Certainly Celery ink first, then Wild Wasabi and last I used Garden Green.  Since I was going from lightest to darkest ink I didn't have to clean my stamp between each color.  I stamped the image several times with each color. 

Then I did the sky using a scalloped circle punch and Bashful Blue ink.  I placed the scalloped circle punched piece above the grass and sponged ink on, then moved the scalloped circle and sponged more.  I moved it 8 or 10 times and added ink wherever it needed it.  It turns out amazingly natural I think.


The punch art bunny uses quite a few punches, several circle and oval punches as well as one of the flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch for his cotton tail, the Ornament Punch is his face, and heart punch for his nose.  I love how you see the bunny's face when you open  the card.  How clever!

Admittedly, it took a little longer than some cards but that bunny coming and going is so cute that it is worth it!

We only have 11 more days until Easter, have some fun creating and brighten someone's day!

No comments: