Friday, March 18, 2011

Ice Cream Parlor Layout


The March scrapbook club met yesterday.  We did a layout with the Ice Cream Parlor paper on Certainly Celery.  I love the bright colors and patterns of the Ice Cream Parlor paper.  I used so much of it on other things that I didn't have a lot left for the club layout!  I chose to go with circles, they are always fun on a layout.  I also love the ribbon and button pack in the Sale-a-Bration catalog, they add a lot to a layout or card.
Here is a close-up of the bottom border of the layout.  You can see how I took a 1 1/2 inch wide piece of Rose Red cardstock and punched each side with the Scallop Border Punch, then added the ribbon down the middle of it for a fun border.
Another close-up, you can see the difference of using the sponge dauber to add a little ink around the edges like I did on the right hand page and not inking like on the left page.

No comments: