Monday, February 28, 2011

I Love Buttercups!

I guess there are several reasons that I love buttercups.  Right now, the best thing is that they are a sign of Spring!  After a long Winter, I'm looking forward to nicer weather so when I saw the first buttercup bloom in my yard the day after a terrible storm that dumped 6" of rain (yes, rain - not snow) on us I had to snap a picture of the brave little flower. 

When I was a child we had hundreds of buttercups in our front yard.  We would pick so many bouquets for our mom and she always seemed delighted to get them.  When they start blooming in the Spring it brings back those happy childhood memories of a loving family and a secure country life.


So when I saw a card Jackie Topa made with the Build a Blossom punch.  Since I love buttercups so much I had to try my hand at CASEing Jackie's card.   

The base of my card is quite a bit different but I used her design for the actual buttercup.  She called it a daffodil as I'm sure most people do but I grew up calling them buttercups so that helps me keep those great childhood memories alive. 

This buttercup uses one of the largest scalloped petals from the punch and 6 of the largest leaf punches.  I sponged a bit of More Mustard around the leaves very lightly before assembling the flower.  I hand-cut the leaves and couldn't resist putting a little pearl in the center of the flower.  The DSP is from the Springtime Vintage pack and the birthday stamp is from a free stamp set available during Sale-a-Bration.

The picture of my first buttercup was taken several days ago.  Now I have lots of buttercups blooming but it is too rainy to take pictures.  We got another 3 1/2 inches today after getting 6 inches last Wednesday.  So glad that wasn't snow, I wonder how many inches that would be!

No comments: