Friday, February 25, 2011

My Swap card and a Spring Swap

I got some great swap cards at the team meeting Tuesday night.  We have such talented Stampin' Up demonstrators everywhere!  First is my swap card.  I wanted to use the Punch Bunch stamp set so I made a baby card.  I have several friends who either just had a baby or are expecting so I need to make several more in blues and pinks! 

I started off with a Baja Breeze base and a Whisper White  embossed polka-dot layer on top of that.  The scalloped edge at the bottom is made by punching just the edge with the Curly Label punch.  I punched the middle and then either side.  If you don't get it straight enough you can just nip a bit more off until it looks even.  Looking at the picture, I think I should have taken a little more off the left side!  A little sponging along the bottom finishes it off.
This swap card made by Judy uses the Easter Blossoms set from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I love the green, I'm so looking forward to the grass and trees turning green again!  A little ribbon and chunky glitter make this a special card to celebrate Spring.

No comments: