Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halloween CASE's

Last week I had a day that I could spend a lot of time creating.  It was such a rare and fun day!  I had saved some pictures of cards I liked as I was looking online for Halloween card ideas so using those pictures I was able to quickly create 5 cards for my Halloween card class. 

I had also gotten the new Bitty Bat Punch so he was anxious to get used and added to the cards.  I used him a lot that day!  Isn't he great?  I also had the Wicked Cool stamp set that I won at Convention so I was glad to get more ink on that set.  I love all the looks you can get from that one set!

First, strips of Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango cardstock make a bright background for 3 of the Bitty Bats.  Spider webs are accented with dots from the White Signo pen as well as eyes for the bats.  This card was originally designed by Dawn Griffith, I love the touches of the white pen that seem to add so much to the card.  The main difference between her card and mine is that she used Concord Grape Cardstock instead of Rich Razzleberry for the background of her card.

While I had my Bitty Bat Punch out, I added a few to this card using DSP from the Wicked Fun paper pack for the background.  This card was CASEd
from Connie Babbert, another talented designer and Stampin' Up demonstrator. 

My 3rd card was also inspired by Connie Babbert and uses the Wicked Fun paper again.  I love the fun design with the small scraps of patterned paper and the Witch's boots, another stamp in the Wicked Cool stamp set as are the bats and  "Spooky" stamp.

Have you ever seen the work of Michelle Zindorf?  She does amazing things with the brayer and sponges.  Well, don't expect this to look like one of hers but I was hoping.  Any time I try to use the brayer and sponges to get a background scenery it never turns out the way I wanted it to.  I was trying to find the card I CASEd this from but I actually designed it myself.  I'm not totally happy with it but it isn't the worst card I ever made either!

Last is a CASE of a tag that I made into a card instead.  Marie Shaughnessy made the tag and shared it on her blog.  The spider is like the ones from my Tricks and Treats class but the candy is M&Ms in a treat cup instead of the spider covering the mint patty.  I wonder who was the first person to imagine the photo corner punches as spider legs. 

I got some of my Halloween decorations out of the attic.  I wonder how long it will take me to get them put up!  Some days I stay so busy I hardly have time to think.  I don't think it will be today though.  I got up at 4:30AM and there is a nap in my immediate future! 


 

No comments: