Monday, April 6, 2009

Time Flies Layout


This is the layout we are doing for the April scrapbook club meeting. I have 2 openings in the club that just came up so if you live near Clarksville, we would love to have you join us. I used the new Sense of Time stamp set that is in the Occasions Mini Catalog and Trendy Trees in the Spring-Summer Catalog.

The white cardstock was cut to 1 inch along the top and sides and 3 inches across the bottom to allow for the stamping of the tree border. I used the technique for cutting out the center like I did the Matting a Whole Page blog post from the middle of March. I just put it on top of the layout instead of using it behind for this layout.
Then I punched all 4 sides with the eyelet border punch. If you have an even number of inches it will work out to be right to the edge of the punch when you get to the end of the row. There will still be a corner that is not punched but you could leave it plain or cover it as I did here with the quotes from the Sense of Time set and the gears. I stamped 12 of the gears stamp and cut out 6 of them and punched the largest gear of the remaining 6 with the 1" circle punch and the next largest with the 1/2" circle punch. Then I used Stampin' Dimentionals to add these to the ones I cut out to give the gear stamp some added interest. I also used them behind the quotes. It is hard to see in the pictures but it gives a great look to the finished layout.








I used 2 stamp sets for the title, "Time" was stamped on a scrap of the Bella Bleu Designer Paper using the Jumbo Outline Alphabet set. I cut out each letter and adhered it to the corner of the 5X7 mat. "Flies" was stamped using the Short Order Alphabet set on a piece of Whisper White cardstock, monuted on a mat of Not Quite Navy.
I stamped the clock on one of the transparency sheets with black Staz-on ink and cut it out and mounted it with a rhinestone brad over "time". I'm really going to enjoy using these clear transparencys! A mini album is going on in my head, hopefully it won't take too long to get it out of there and made IRL. They are introduced in the new Occasions Mini Catalog but I think they will still be carried in the regular catalog when it is released the beginning of August. I hope we will still carry them!
I used a sponge to apply Not Quite Navy ink around the edges of the layout, mats and quotes. I usually do direct to paper inking but wanted a softer look with the delicate Eyelet Border Punch.
I couldn't do a whole layout without using my Big Shot so I cut a little birdie to emphasise the "flies" part of the title. I think he is adorable! I'm thinking that this will be a great layout for heritage photos but time flies for us all and I might put a few pictures of the grandkids showing their growth so quickly over a year's time.

1 comment:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

A wonderful combination of stamps, punch and die cuts and a beautiful layout to boot.

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs and blessings from a fellow member of the sisterhood of the traveling stamps - Jean Fitch