Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Swaps From Saturday's Team Meeting

I can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I've posted!  I haven't gone that long since I started my blog.  Needless to say, I have been very busy.  I've got my garden mostly planted and have been raising chickens and ducks.  I haven't even had time to hold any Stampin' Up classes in over 3 weeks.  I need some stamping time!

I went to a team meeting Saturday and we made some great projects using some of the new stamps and paper.  I want to post some swaps first, starting with my swap card.  I used the new Twitterpated DSP for the background and used the heart Framelits to cut out hearts from the front cardstock.  I let each heart go off the edge of the cardstock a bit and then took a marker and did the stitching around each heart.

I used the Boho Blossoms punch to make the little flower, added a Basic Pearl to the center and stamped the saying from the Occasions Alphabet stamp set.  It is all mounted on a Not Quite Navy base.

The first swap card didn't have a name on the back so I don't remember who made it.  That is a shame because it is a very nice card and I'd love to give her credit.  She used Concord Grape, a retiring In-Color from the 2010/11 collection. 

If you still want anything from the 2011/12 catalog, there are only 15 more days to order the items that will be retiring.  It is amazing that May is nearly over, where have the days flown????  In the next few days I'll post some of the projects we made with the new stamps and colors.  My camera stopped taking pictures before I could get all the pictures taken, I hope it isn't broken.  Sometimes these digital gadgets get a bit stubborn. 

No comments: