Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Won!

I won $50 in free Stampin' Up merchandise from Sherrill Graff!  It was so hard to decide, I ended up getting a couple of things I had been wanting but for some reason I never got them on my order.  The die strip is going to retire soon and I wanted to get that alphabet set before it was too late but the other 2 items will also be in the new catalog.  I love the En Francis background stamp.  I've wanted it for a long time, it gives such an elegant touch to a card.  You will be seeing it on my cards soon!  And I think I was rebelling against the little oval punch because they retired the small oval that coordinated with the medium oval so I just didn't order it.  I like the little punch though and have sentiment sets that it will be perfect for punching out so I do need it, right??


Here are a couple of cards we made at our team meeting I went to last week.  I love the neutral colors of this first card.  This is  made with a beautiful new stamp set called Everything Eleanor.  I love the flowers and the swirls.  The set has a couple of other great stamps in it, I'll show one of the swap cards made with the same set next time.  The sentiment comes from a set called Pursuit of Happiness, a great little set of 5 sentiments for only $13.95 in clear mount or $17.95 on wood.  The card is actually stamped clearly, it is hard to read for some reason in the picture.

Last is a nice little card, simple and easy but very pretty.  It uses 2 of the new In Colors, Midnight Muse and Gumball Green, I think they are both great colors.  Not too bright but definitely not dull!  The stamp set is a new set named Betsy's Blossoms and the ribbon is our new 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, again, in Gumball Green. 

The new catalog will come out in 9 more days!  You still have a little time to place an order before the retiring list is no longer available.  Don't let it sneak up on you and miss those great retiring goodies. 

I'm working on a Father's Day card and gift class and a retirement shindig (not for me but for the things retiring from the old catalog).  I reckon I need to get off the computer and stamp a bit.  I'll let you know when the classes will be soon!   

No comments: