Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall is Definitely here!

 Fall is in the air!  It is chilly this morning and I find myself wearing sweaters and jackets nearly every time I go out.  The tulip poplar trees are quickly turning yellow and dogwood and sumac trees are going red.  It won't be long until the countryside will be glorious in color.  That part I like about Fall.  What I don't like is that it is bringing in the ice and cold weather of Winter.  I get cold easily so I don't look forward to Winter!  I can't believe that it will be October by the end of the week. 
Today I'm posting some of the Fall cards I got in a swap last week.  The firs one uses a great stamp set from the Holiday Mini Catalog called Always Thankful.  I love the pumpkin filled wheelbarrow!  This card was made by Cathy Maltby, didn't she do a great job coloring the pumpkins?  I like her card design and the polka dot ribbon is a great finishing touch.     

This Halloween card has a fun twist to it.  Michelle Hall had the great idea to use the new Peekaboo Frames die to cut a little window for the owl from Warmest of Wishes to hide behind.  What a great addition to a card.  And the window covering will protect the owl's rhinestone eyes from tearing the envelope when the card is sent through the mail!

Of course, the Spider Web embossing folder finishes off any Halloween card with a great touch and stamps from Wicked Cool and the Frightful Sight DSP are the perfect touches.  I love this card!
And last is a card made by Debbie Prante.  She used squares of the wonderful Spice Cake DSP to create a quilt like Top Note die that she embossed with the Snow Burst Embossing folder to give added texture.  Then she stamped leaves from the Gently Falling set to the background as well as 3 leaves in matching colors on top of the "quilt".  I can add any sentiment I want to or just send it as a note card to a friend.  This is a great card!

No comments: