Monday, April 11, 2011

Strength and Hope sneak peek

I saw a card somewhere the other day that had torn layers.  I hadn't torn paper in so long I just had to use that background idea!  I tore and rolled the edges of the top 2 layers of Springtime Vintage DSP before adding a ribbon and the stamped images from the Strength and Hope stamp set.  I stamped the butterfly and H stamps in Certainly Celery, lightly inking the edges of the Modern Label punch in Certainly Celery ink.  I wanted more definition on the butterfly so I inked the outside edges of it in Always Artichoke.  I also used some of the tiny Basic Rhinestones for the butterfly body and to accent the H. 

If you have been following my blog long you know that I love Spring and all the flowers that it brings after a long Winter of brown everywhere (and lots of white this year).  I snapped a couple of pictures of my azalea bushes Saturday that I wanted to share with you.  They remind me of when we lived in Augusta, GA and they were blooming everywhere during Master's week.  I don't follow golf but I sure like azaleas!

No comments: