Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentine's Cards

Valentine's Day is just 2 weeks away, have you made your cards for your loved ones yet?  If not, here are 2 samples to get you started.  I got them in a swap at the team meeting earlier this month.  They both use Real Red, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White.  The first card is from Monica.  She uses the large swirl stamp from the Baroque Motifs set, one of my favorite stamps in my whole collection!  It is great for so many projects and a great background for scrapbook pages and cards.  I  probably use this stamp more than any other stamp I own.  Hearts of the 3 sizes are punched with the Heart to Heart XL punch and mounted to the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensional along with a few Basic Pearls to make this a gorgeous card.
The second card uses a strip of the beautiful Glimmer Paper that was introduced in the Occasions Mini Catalog earlier this month.  It gives a great sparkle that is hard to capture in a picture.  I love how just a strip down the side of the card and a tiny heart punched from it (almost hidden behind the ribbon) give this card amazing personality.  You don't need to tell everyone that you punched the heart from the strip behind the sentiment!  I love to conserve paper so that is a great idea to get the most from this special paper.  This is one of the cards I made at the Team meeting.  It was quick and easy but I love it.  I do love quick and easy!

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

Those are really cute Valentines cards. TFS I am following you from SC. #295. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com