Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow Card

More snow - groan!  We have been getting a little too much of a good thing lately.  It is so pretty though and I took lots of pictures, I just can't resist!

I wanted to share a snow card I made today.  I used 2 embossing folders for the background.  I ran it through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot Embossing folder and then reinserted it into the Northern Flurry Embossing folder, I didn't put it in all the way though, that would have smashed all the polka dots.  I put it in kind of sideways so it only put the snowflakes on about half the card base.  You can kind of see that some of the polka dots in the middle are smashed but I covered most of them with the snowflakes from the Northern Frost die that I cut in Brushed Silver and Bashful Blue cardstock.  I also used a square of the Brushed Silver cardstock as the background for the card.  I was going to use some of the Basic Rhinestones for the center of the snowflakes but couldn't find them so I used the Shimmer Brads instead.

I couldn't resist posting a couple of pictures, I know 2 inches of snow isn't much for a lot of you but here in TN, it causes a lot of trouble because it is wet and turns into black ice making driving treacherous.  The first picture was taken from my front porch, looking out toward the orchard.  The second picture was taken out my back window.  If you look closely you will see a Cardinal, a Red Headed Wood Pecker, a couple of Doves, some Finches and a Chickadee.  Can you find them all?  You might have to make the picture full-screen to see the finches!

No comments: