Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Nature Walk

The new Occasions Mini Catalog is here!  You can download it and see the wonderful stamps and accessories that are in it.  There are some great stamp sets, I've already shared some projects with the Build A Blossom stamps and the Blossom Petals Punch on page 12 and the  Framed Tulips embossing folder that is shown on page 28.  There is so much more to see in the catalog, it has 43 pages!

This post will feature 2 cards made using the set called Nature Walk on page 27.  This set is beautiful!  I love the cage and the bird.  The row of eggs is fun, I used it as a background on the first card.  The bee is not scary like real bees, I have a phobia of bees because of a childhood incident but I like this one.  The butterfly is so pretty and it and the flower have so many technique potentials!  I just really like this set, can you tell?

I got the idea to use the row of eggs as a background from Lisa Young.  After stamping the background eggs in Crumb Cake ink I stamped the bird on another piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and stamped and cut out a mask to cover him while I stamped the flowers by coloring the stems and leaves with a Wild Wasabi marker and the flowers with a Pacific Point marker.  I'm thinking I should have stamped the bird in Soft Suede instead of Crumb Cake so he would stand out more.  I put a small strip of the Springtime Vintage DSP (page 15) across the bottom and then ruched a 12" piece of Pear Pizazz Seam Binding to place across the seam.  A few of the new Rosettes (page 16) finished off the card.

The next card is CASEd from a card I saw on Stampin' Connection.  That is a gallery of projects posted by Stampin' Up demonstrators on the Stampin' Up demonstrator website.  Cherie Franklin created a similar card that I based mine on.  The background is embossed with the Tulip Frame embossing folder in Crumb Cake cardstock and inked up with Crumb Cake ink on the raised areas.  The birdcage and bee are stamped in Soft Suede (see, I learned something from the last card) and the flower is stamped towards the bottom several times lightly in Crumb Cake, both first and second generations.  A punched strip of Always Artichoke and a strip of Springtime Vintage DSP are topped off with a Baja Breeze 1/8" ribbon and a Vintage Brad.  This brad is smaller than the ones I've used on any of my previous projects.  I love those brads!

That's all for this post but I've got several  more projects and some scrapbook pages to come soon as well as the projects we made at the team meeting that I did the display for.  Be looking for more new product in my coming posts!  Go back to the top and click on the catalog to see the goodies between it's covers!  Email me if you'd like to host a workshop and earn some of them for yourself.  wrightplace4@mindspring.com

1 comment:

Mary Davidson said...

Beautiful cards, Elaine! I love the way you used the ribbon! TFS!