Friday, September 11, 2009

Another Sweet Centers Card


I posted a card using the Sweet Centers stamp set yesterday without the Sweet Treat Cup. You really have to see it with this clever candy cup to realize how fun this set is.
Today I made a card with the hot air balloon stamp from the set. It didn't turn out as well as I would have liked it to but I didn't have time to make another one so I'll go ahead and post it. I wanted a "sky" and some "grass" so it would be like a scene with the hot air balloon floating in the sky so I put a 1" strip of Old Olive cardstock across the bottom of the Bashful Blue card front after punching it with the eyelet border punch.
I punched holes in all layers with the 1 3/4" circle punch since that is the size that matches the opening in the Sweet Treet Cups.
I saw several ideas for ways to get the candy out of the plastic cup but this one seems to be the best. I thought I would add a warning on the tag so they would know that the candy will spill out when you pull the tag. I cut a 3X3" square of the Old Olive cardstock and made a tag with a 2 1/4 " X 3 1/4" piece of Bashful Blue cardstock.
I put Sticky Strips around 3 sides of the blue and punched a circle in the middle. For the tag I punched the top with the Double Rectangle punch and tied a piece of Old Olive 1/4" ribbon through it. I inserted it in the square piece over the candy and then wrote the warning note so it would show in the middle of the circle. I'm thinking I should type this using a fun font on the computer so it will look nicer. I've always hated my handwriting!
Another way of making the card that I saw was simular to this method but they put the tag on the front instead of in the middle of the card. The main problem with this great idea is that the person will probably pull the tag out without knowing that the candy is now going to be loose and it will spill all over the place. Another way that I think would work well is to cut a big X in the back of the candy so the lucky reciepient can just pull the points back to get to the candy. That sounds a bit easier and would work good.
I made this one a "Thinking of You" card. Whoever gets this will at least remember that I'm thinking them until the candy runs out! I think it would be a great idea for a birthday card too. What fun for the birthday boy or girl to have an extra special treat besides the card.
I'm trying to decide if I want to make a Christmas card or a Halloween card tomorrow. Or maybe I'll jump ahead and make a Valentine's card! Can you tell that I'm really enjoying this set??

No comments: