Thursday, January 19, 2023

From A Card To A Layout Challenge


I took a challenge to find a card I like and use it as inspiration for a scrapbook page.  Here is the card that inspired my layout.  It's just the upper left corner that actually resembles the card somewhat but the card inspired me enough to get a 2-page layout done in no time at all!  


I used the super cute (dare I say adorable?) FREE Sale-A-Bration Adorable Owls stamp set and stamped 2 of each owl.  The Stampin' Blend alcohol markers are great for coloring in images like this.  I'm not the greatest at blending yet but I'm getting better the more I use them.  I love the even color they give and how completely they fill in the image.


After coloring and cutting out the owls I took 2 sheets of Basic White 12X12 cardstock and stamped the new Hand Drawn Dots stamp around the edges.  This is a great background stamp from the new Jan-April mini catalog.  I'm sure I will be using this stamp quite a bit!  Narrow 1/4" strips of one of the papers from the FREE Sale-A-Bration Dainty Flowers DSP package edged the top and left side of the left hand page and 2 strips bordered the right hand page of the layout. Another paper in this package has 2 wide borders of pretty and colorful spring flowers.  I cut one of these across the top to scallop over the flowers.  Then I sponged Mossy Meadow ink around the flower piece as well as around the outside of the entire 12X12 layout.


I cut lots of the viney die from the Delicate Edges Die set using Mellow Moss cardstock.  Placing them over the blue strips of DSP make trellis-like borders.  More Mellow Moss cards tock was used to cut the title and background half-circle.
The front part of the circle with the cool holes design was cut with the Labels Aglow die.

My grandson graduated from High School the spring of 2020, therefore, it wasn't much of a graduation and I wasn't able to go.  I have to get some of the pictures my daughter took developed so I can add them to the layout.  That was definitely an interesting and disappointing year to graduate. I might need a bigger journaling box!

No comments: