Monday, September 12, 2022

Sketch Challenge

Welcome to the September Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop!  As we are getting a bit of a chill these fall nights in the northern hemisphere it's hard to imagine some of our blog hop members are entering spring!  


Our challenge is a sketch designed by our very talented Courtenay Heuston. 


I love working with sketches!  I seldom follow them exactly but like having a guide as I plan my layout and add my personal touches.  Usually the sketch is only for one page and I have to use my own brain for the second page. That can take hours so I was glad I found a sketch that would coordinate well in one of my Pinterest boards. What a time saver sketches are for me! I love Courtenay's sketch. There is something about circles in layouts that speaks to me!


Isn't it a great sketch!  Here is my take on it:


The DSP I chose to use for my layout is called Celebrate Everything. It is such a great paper pack that has 48 sheets of gorgeous paper! It is a hostess reward so you can get it for a great price!

The stamp set and dies are from the Perched in A Tree bundle. That tree trunk die looks so great on cards I knew it would be a great addition for a scrapbook page too.  I also used one of the leaf dies from the Forever Fern die set. 

I used a sponge to color the birds. And the Pumpkin Pie marker for their beaks and feet. 

I hope you enjoyed my layout. It was a fun one for me. Now you can click on the "NEXT" graphic to move on to the next blog and see what Autumn Wiste has created with the sketch.  I usually have trouble getting the link attached to the "next" button so if it doesn't take you to Autumn's blog, click on her name below. Thanks for stopping by!



http://www.stampingave.com




No comments: