Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Tic Tac Toe

Welcome to The Scrapbooking Global Stampin' Up monthly blog hop.  

Our challenge for August was a tic tac toe challenge from design team member Sherry Roth..  

I chose to work from a sketch so the upper left corner was where I started on the tic tac toe board.  I decided to do the upper row so had tags and baker's twine in my mind as I worked on the sketch I chose.  

I always do double layouts but only got one side done. I've been watching my 6 year old granddaughter (who is doing virtual school) while her parents take her big brother to PA for college so that has taken a LOT of my time!

I used sketch #186 from Creative Scrappers.  As you can tell, I changed it up quite a bit but that is the purpose of sketches, to give you and idea that will work with the pictures you have but then you do what you need to make it your own.  

This fabulous paper is from the Sun Prints DSP pack, isn't it beautiful!  I used Sahara Sand, Night of Navy and Basic White cardstock to compliment the DSP. The stamp sets I used were In The Moment and Friends Are Like Seashells.  In the Moment is a beautiful set and I am getting a bit better at using the blends to color images but I still need a lot of practice!  I really love the Friends Are Like Seashells bundle.  It has a stamp set, die set and an embossing folder.  All used together like I did with the seashells on this page it gives a nice dimensional effect to the layout.  I also put Stampin' Dimensionals under most of the shells to add even more dimension.


 The Sahara Sand seaweed behind the girl are also from the diecuts.  If you look close you will see that I also added some of the Faux Sea Glass embellishments in the title.  The dies I used for the title are a mix of a retired Stampin Up set called Hand Lettered Prose and a non-Stampin' Up set called Mac N Cheese.  It's a really old set, I don't know how far back!

The dies I used for the tags at the top of the page are Trio Of Tags, another retired set.  I needed the tags to be fairly small and that set had one that seemed to be the perfect size. I layered 2 tags with 2 different images from the Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set on them and tied them together with a little piece of white baker's twine.  



I hope you can get a little inspiration from my page.  Enjoy the rest of the hop, Denise Cox from Canada is up next with more ideas!  If the "Next" button doesn't work please click on Denise's name in the list below to continue on in the blog hop.





5 comments:

Studio Shabaz - CreativeMe68 said...

Loving how you adapted the sketch to suit your needs, as you said it is just a starting point for your layout and then you can adapt it.
I have only just ordered that stamp set so Thank you for the inspo... I may have to CASE your layout.
Thank you Elaine for joining the hop again this month, Sorry it was not where it usually is. Cheers Shaz

Denise Cox - Birdsnest Designs said...

This is another great sketch and your interpretation of it is wonderful. I love the use of the Friends Are Like Seashells stamps ... one of my favourites ❤

Julia said...

Very lovely page - works so well with your photos! I love Sun Prints paper too - and it works beautifully with your stamps!! And the cute little tags are just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout. I like this sketch and how you made it your own.

Anonymous said...

Great way to make the sketch work for you! Lovely layout TFS