Sunday, May 4, 2014

National Scrapbooking Day

National Scrapbooking Day is the first Saturday in May.  Since today was that day I'm glad I got to spend the day at Lake Barkley in KY at a weekend scrapbook retreat.  I did a couple of layouts and 5 cards so far.  I took a couple of nice walks today and enjoyed the woods and the lake.  Lots of boats were out today, fishing boats, pontoon boats, sail boats and speed boats. It is a beautiful day and I enjoyed being to be outside and take a nice long walk.  Here is a picture of the lake and another one of the lodge we are staying at.  It is at a Girl Scout camp and is very nice.  I wouldn't say the beds are the most comfortable in the world though!  I did sleep well last night though. 
 
Here is one of the layouts I made today.  I used my new stamp set I got at the New Catalog Premiere party in Birmingham, AL Monday night.  That turned out to be quite the adventure and way too much for a post that I'm putting up just past midnight.  Anyway, I used the new Work of Art stamp set.  It is great for backgrounds.  I had fun with this layout.

 I also made 5 cards today.  Here are 2 of them.  I used the long, narrow stamp to make a plaid background on the pink/purple card.  A few dogwood blossoms from the Flower Shop card with a small flower punched from Silver Glimmer paper finishes off the top corner of the card.  The second card uses a more random design and then I stamped the same colors on a small scrap of Whisper White cardstock and punched it out with the Pansy Punch.  They were both pretty quick and easy.  It's late so I reckon I ought to head to my bunk.  Good night!

No comments: