Saturday, June 22, 2013

Spring (Summer???) Retreat!

Today was a wonderful day at the Stampin' Sisters Spring Retreat.  We did 3 beautiful projects in the morning, ate a nice catered lunch and did 4 cards in the afternoon.  Every project was so nice and I loved the stamps, paper and colors we used.

The DSP we used on all the projects is called Gingham Garden.  It is a bright, pretty set of papers and they made the projects cheery.  The colors we used to match the paper are Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo Melon Mambo, Night of Navy and Pear Pizzaz.  I love the combination!

The first project we did was this beautiful paper wreath.  1 1/2 X 12 inch strips of paper were clipped in v shape at the ends and then we put them around a Styrofoam wreath.  It didn't take very long to complete each wreath, including the flowers.  When I showed it to my husband he was very impressed and we decided to hang it on the front door.  It sure cheers up the living room!
Another project we did this morning was this sampler.  It used lots of scraps of the Gingham Garden paper and stamps from the Wildflower Garden large stamp and the Kind & Cozy stamp set that we got today with our class kit.  I love this stamp set!  We had fun creating with it today.  I need to get a nice frame to put this cute sampler in.
One last thing, here is my swap card.  I ordered the Tape It stamp set on my last order and had fun playing with it to make a background for the sentiment.  It is like having a supply of washi tape that never runs out! 
I have been neglecting my blog lately, I need to post more but I stay so busy that when I actually manage to find some stamp time I don't seem to get things posted.  I have a good supply of things to post now with the rest of the projects and all the wonderful swaps I got today, I reckon

 I'll see you again Monday if I manage to squeeze in a little blog time then!  I'm getting ready to drive to Colorado to see the new grandbaby and then on to Utah for the Stampin' Up convention in the middle of July, then back to see the new grandbaby a little bit longer before heading back home.   It will be a long drive but very worth it!

No comments: