Monday, May 6, 2013

New Products!

There are some fun new products in the new Stampin' Up! catalog that will be available on June 1st.  I was excited to play with the Simply Pressed Clay and the Buttons and Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds.  The clay feels so good, nice and soft but not sticky.  On this project I added 3 drops of Tempting Turquoise reinker to a piece of clay, maybe a tablespoon or so in size.  It made about 10 of these flowers in 3 sizes.  I'm excited to play with the clay some more and experiment with other ways to color it.  The stamp used on this card is called Wildflower Meadow, a large, background sized stamp.  I only inked up 1 stem of the stamp on this card with the Gumball Green marker, but I didn't ink up the flowers.  Then I added the clay flowers to where the flowers on the stamp would be.  This clay is so interesting when it dries, it is kind of like foam; very light-weight, not like clay usually is.  It is an air-dry clay so you will want to make the flowers or buttons ahead of time to be ready to add them to your projects.
The stamp has a pin-dot background and I tried not to ink up the dots with the marker but several of them ended up getting inked anyway.  Solution?  I just got out my handy Color Spritzer Tool and placed the marker in it and speckled the whole background!  It looks better that way anyway.  The Color Spritzer Tool is one of the things that is going to be discontinued in the new catalog so be sure to order yours soon, before they run out! 
 
I reckon I'll be making lots of these flowers and the buttons too for future projects!  It's very cool stuff.

No comments: