Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Retreat projects

I showed the swap I made for the retreat in Huntsville last time.  We did some great projects there too.  I'll share a couple of those tonight since I haven't created anything this week.  We got several inches of ice Sunday night/Monday morning and couldn't get out of the driveway so my husband hasn't gone to work and we have been doing fun stuff like washing windows and walls the past 2 days.  He plans to go to work tomorrow so I might find some time to play then.

 This is one of the cards we made.  The stamp set is from the set Perfect Pennants which we got with the price of the retreat.  You will be seeing the quotes from this set several times as I post the cards and projects we made.  It is a great set.  Did you notice the fringe on the bottom of the card?  We also got a pair of the new Fringe Scissors in our kit and you will notice them on a couple of the projects too.  It is a fun look and a big time saver.  it was so quick to make the fringe when the scissors have 5 blades!  Another new product used on this card is the Banner Framelits Die.  It is so easy to line up and creates a perfect  banner around any phrase that will fit within it.  It comes in a set of 6 so will make a wide range of sizes.
 Have you seen the new box cards?  At least I have seen more lately than ever so I guess it is kind of new.  We created one in Huntsville and they are pretty fun.  The card folds flat so you can mail it in a regular envelope.  What a fun surprise for someone to get in the mail!  These first 2 projects also used the Kaleidoscope DSP, one of the paper packs available in the Spring Mini Catalog which goes until June 1st. 
Here is one of the swaps, I haven't decided if this is upside right or upside down.  Without a sentiment it is hard to tell.  When I put a sentiment on it and decide which way is up I will post it again so you can see what I did.  I'm thinking it is probably upside down in this picture.  Isn't it a pretty card?   I like the embossed stripes she drew on with the Simply Scored board, it looks great with the Adorning Accents embossing folder used to accent the design stamped with the So Very Grateful stamp set.  It is a beautiful card!

No comments: