Thursday, September 19, 2024

September Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop

Welcome to our September Blog Hop!  Thanks for clicking by.

One of our Global Scrapbook designers, Sharon Dalton chose our theme for September. She chose "Anything Goes".  I can use any theme or technique I choose. I had just sorted a stack of pictures and chose the fall ones to do my pages with this month. The leaves are starting to fall so I guess I'm leaning into fall. It's strange to think that our scrapbooking friends in Australia are welcoming Spring! 

I decided to use the Season of Green and Gold DSP, not a fall DSP.  It isn't really even fall colors bit is so beautiful with gold foil in the designs on one side. As beautiful as the foil makes the design, I chose mostly unfoiled papers! I started off with a Crushed Curry base and layered 3 strips of the DSP across it. The photo mats, title and leaves are from Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Garden Green.

There is a new stamp and die set called Autumn Leaves that I wanted to use to embellish the pages. It also has a couple of label dies, one that was perfect to mount the letters of my title on. 


I wanted to make the die cut leaves stand out so I embossed the stamped design in gold. It just didn't look right to me. I die cut a new set of leaves and stamped them with the same color ink pad as the cardstock for each kind of leaf. I ran the Versa Mark ink pad around the outside of each leaf and embossed it with gold embossing powder. I liked that look much better. I cut the veins from gold foil cardstock to make them extra blingy. After I decided that the copper foil looked better on some of the colors I thought I should have used copper embossing powder on those leaves but it really looks OK with the gold so I didn't redo them. 

I had a lot of photos to go on this layout so I practically filled the second page with the pictures of my yard during fall. The die set has some small leaves too so I scattered them around.


The first picture is of my husband and I at a Halloween party, the second, in the yard burning the brush pile. The bottom 2 pictures are of our granddaughter helping us rake leaves. With as many trees as we have, there are LOTS of leaves to be raked every fall! 

I hope you enjoyed my fall pages. Now it's time to hop on over to the next blog, I know you will love what Sharon has created! There are quite a few participants this month so enjoy all the creative inspiration!

2 comments:

Margaret Workman said...

Great tip with the gold embossing on the leaves!

Anonymous said...

So lively, love it.